Saturday, November 14, 2015

Halloween 2015

AHH! I can't believe I didn't get these pics up on the blog. I had them up on facebook...so I forgot...

Oh well - Happy Belated Halloween from us - and may the most adorable force be with you ;)


For my costume I used THIS tutorial, but then made my belt out of felt because that's all I had by the time I was finishing up our costumes, but it worked out really well, and I didn't have to spend any more money, ha! My hair buns were kind of sad, but I guess that's what happens when you part your hair on the sides and you have uneven amounts on each side... ;)  For John's costume, we scored big at the thrift store and found a pair of navy slacks and some black womens' boots that weren't too girly and fit him (barely)! We then hot glued strips of red bias tape to the sides of the pants, cut up a plain white T-shirt, and I whipped up a black vest pretty easily. Nathan's costume was pretty easy, we scored again at the thrift store with a kids' karate vest, and we just painted over the decal that was on the back. Then he wore a white shirt underneath and khaki colored pants. I found these very fun light sticks at Target and covered the handle in black electrical tape and ta-da! Toddler lightsaber. For Spencer's onesie, I used THIS as a reference and attached the design in felt with double-sided fusible web. BAM! Awesome Star Wars costumes! (If I do say so myself) ;)





No comments: