Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cookie Catch-Up

To start off, I can't believe I never posted these. Back when my last computer died, I didn't have anything backed up. Not really. We have an external hard drive that I hadn't used in AGES so basically I'd lost everything. And I was freaking out (to put it mildly). But thankfully I have friends who are computer nerds so my good friend Allison's husband Dan was able to get everything off my hard drive and onto our external hard drive. And I was so, sooooo grateful. Not too much later we realized that we really needed a new internet router, and Dan was kind enough to answer alllll my questions about routers and help me figure out which one to get. Allison even found me a killer deal on amazon. They are pretty stinkin' awesome. So to say thank you, I make them cookies. Computer-y cookies.

Fun huh? I got a kick out of making them :)

Okay, so that was like, 6 or 7 months ago. I have some more recent creations to share too.

We had a game and dessert night with some friends a week or so ago so I made some fall cookies. I got to use my maple leaf stencil again and tried my houndstooth stencil for the first time. I think it needs a little work, but I was pleased with my first try. I added some solid color leaves to go with the platter and finished it off with the plaque cookies. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have added the brown airbrushed leaves so my words stuck out more, but oh well. I think they still turned out nice.



And finally, my first real order since having Spencer - some Boy Scout Cookies. They were for an Eagle Court of Honor and between bad nappers and sleep deprivation and a total crisis with all 36 of my scout shirt cookies, it was waaaaay more stressful than I'd wanted, but I'm still really glad I was able to get it done. (and thanks to my mom for swooping in and saving me by helping with the boys, I did get it done) But I didn't get super awesome pictures, so these will have to do. There were also some waving American flags, but they were already packaged at the bottom of the container. ;)



Not too many cookies this year, but hopefully there will be more in the next!

No comments: