Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

A little late to the party I guess, but I'm here with our Thanksgiving festivities. We spent the weekend at my parent's house and for me personally, was a very much needed break from life. Nana and Papa were happy to take care of the boys and I could relax and not worry about, well, anything. The boys and I came down with my mom on Wednesday afternoon and John came in later that night after work. We basically enjoyed eating, playing and hanging out with each other, and it was great!

Spencer is big enough for the 'space station' exer-saucer! It was a little warm in the house that day so we got to squeal over his chubby rolls.

Oh, he is just so cute. And getting so big! I can't even believe he's almost 5 months already. 


Those arm rolls, though!

Nathan loved being at Nana's house and all the technology that he gets to play with there. They have a really old iPod touch that no one uses anymore, can't connect to the internet and has some random apps and music on it that he now uses as 'his phone'. He loves it.


There was playing cars with Daddy



And Christmas decorating!








We ate turkey (which was good, despite having been in the freezer since last year and my failed attempts to convince my mom to throw it away) and it was so, so nice to be with family.

Black Friday consisted of my mom and I spending most of the day out shopping and it was sooooo fun! By the time we were done I think we'd stopped at Michaels, Target, Old Navy, Charming Charlie, Costco and Five Guys (to get everyone lunch :) ) Whew! Lots of good deals were to be had, we finally finished putting together everyone's outfits for family photos this month and after a few online orders later that afternoon, my Christmas shopping was DONE. Bam. We had some friends over for dessert that night and after the boys were in bed, John and I got to go out and be by ourselves for a little while. And that was soooo nice. :)

We had a few projects to work on on Saturday while we sent all the boys (except Spencer) to Gander Mountain to look at manly man outdoorsy things and pick up some stuff at Lowe's. Then it was time for us to head home.

I've been feeling so grateful for my greatest blessings: my wonderful husband, my sweet boys and my amazingly supportive family. I've been richly blessed! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!


No comments: