So some super cute girls in my ward threw me a baby shower this weekend. I was so surprised and pleased when they offered because I wasn’t sure if I’d have one here with us moving and all, and then we’d be in a brand new ward, so I really appreciate that they thought of putting one on for me in the midst of all the craziness!
The theme was “Under the Big Top” with a vintage vibe. And these girls are party planners after my own heart – I mean look at this refreshment table!!
**All pictures courtesy of Maggie Cochran Photography**Look! Look! Stripey straws! And MUSTACHES!
Don’t you just LOVE the soda labels!?
Sooo sooo cute, I loved it! While we waited for everyone to show up we chatted and ate the yummy food
Once everyone was there and had had a little snack ;) we played a few games. In the first one, we were all given baby bottles with 6oz of apple juice in them. The first to empty their bottle (yes, by drinking it like a baby) won a prize. Okay, I don’t know if you’ve ever tried this (and if you have, you’re not likely to admit it, are you? hee hee) but it was super hard! Someone made the comment “no wonder babies fall asleep when they eat, this is hard work!”. And it really was! It kind of made the roof of my mouth go numb…wonder if that happens to babies too…Hmm… Miriam won the day with that one, when we saw how well she was doing, most of us gave it up ;)
We had a “Guess How Many” game with a jar of peanuts – and Colleen won that one with a guess of 625. There were 678 in the jar! I didn’t even get close with my guess of 450. ;) I mostly felt bad for Katrina, who counted them all as she put them in the jar for this game!
There were also some cute cards for people to write some advice for me, the mommy-to-be. I really liked this idea, and everyone gave lots of good advice!
There was a raffle/door prize (Sarah won that one) and we had a little relay race. We divided into two teams and at one end of the room were two baby dolls, two diapers, two onesies and two pairs of socks. At the other end were two carseats. At the signal, the first person on the team would dress their baby doll in the diaper, socks and onesie and then take it to the other side of the room and strap it into the carseat. The next person had to take the doll out of the carseat, take it back to the other end of the room and undress the doll. Then the next person started the process all over again until all 4 of us had gone. And my team won! Yay! Go us! ;)
Then we had some presents! Everyone was so thoughtful and I loved the cute things they had picked out for baby Nathan :)Before everyone left, we got a fun group shot in our ‘clown’ props! Too fun!
**All pictures courtesy of Maggie Cochran Photography**
Thank you to everyone who came!! It was so wonderful to have you there. And a BIG shout out to the party planners Katrina, Carolyn and Maggie! Thank you SO much for such a wonderful baby shower and for all the time and effort you put into it! You guys are seriously awesome!
…and I hope you’ll all forgive me if my thank you cards take an extra week or two to get out…I gotta find my stuff in all these boxes!! ;)
2 comments:
This is such an adorable baby shower. I love it. Love, love, love it.
What a cute idea!! If I ever throw a baby shower I might have to steal that idea! Seriously adorable!!
Post a Comment