(Bah ha ha I didn’t even realize until now that my tummy is blocking the end of my words on there…)
How far along? 36 Weeks! We are down to less than FOUR WEEKS until my due date!!!
Weight Gain/Loss: So I have no idea, because at my appointment this past Monday, the scale said 137. Then I went to a health screening at John’s office (for benefits and incentives and whatnot) and the scale said 134. Hm. I seriously doubt I lost 3 pounds.
Maternity clothes? So Maryland decided to skip spring altogether and become unbearably hot (we’re already in the 80s) and I only have…um…3 short sleeved maternity shirts. I. am. BAKING.
Sleep: Eh, about the same. I haven’t been snoring too badly I think, John hasn’t had to relocate to the couch for most of the week – though he did last night…I’ve noticed it’s worse when I’m congested (which makes sense) and with the weather changing so abruptly, I’ve been a little more congested.
Best moment this week: Watching General Conference was probably the best part of the week. Love General Conference. And being able to sleep in. And eat waffles. And starburst jellybeans. Not together though. That’s weird.
Miss Anything? Uh yeah. SPRING! What happened to the lovely springtime with it’s 60-70degree weather?! It’s already really humid too…ahhh humidity on the east coast…(bleeecccch…)
Food cravings: Nothing! Boo ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, though I have had a couple of braxton hicks now (at least I think they are contractions, as I’ve never had them before…but it hurts, so I think we’re going in the right direction here…)
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I’m almost to the point where I’m ready for my body back, but then I think of having to go through labor to get it back…and then I’m totally okay with my growing tummy again ;)
Gender: Crazy boy!
Belly Button in or out? Still an outie!
Wedding Ring on or off? So I was a little naughty this past week and put my ring back on earlier in the day – and it fit! Only to slightly panic when I almost couldn’t get it off that night. I won’t be doing that again. I’m still not even that swollen (though I’m sure the heat is helping with that anyway) but my fingers have swollen just enough to keep me from wearing my ring. Oh well.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy AND stressed. We are just about finished with our baby prep classes (though the birthing class is this weekend – little stressed about that one). We had a tour of the labor and delivery unit at the hospital last night and let’s just say I came home more stressed that I was when I left the house last night. But for the most part, happy and busy getting ready for the baby to come. We’re running out of room in the freezer as I try to stuff it with a couple freezer meals for after the baby is born.
Looking forward to: My baby showers! Turns out I’m having TWO next week! John’s office wanted to have a little shower for us next week – which is so thoughtful! And my MUSTACHE BASH is next Saturday!!
Thursday, April 11, 2013
36 Weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ashley, you look beautiful! And you are so close!
I remember when Tyler and I went to a birthing class a couple years ago, I left the class feeling totally overwhelmed and also terrified. I kept thinking, "No matter what, there's no going back now. What have I gotten myself into!?" But it all worked out in the end, and it will work out for you guys, too!
What a fun/crazy/exciting time for you all! I hope the last few weeks go by comfortably (or as comfortably as possible) for you!
Post a Comment