Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Mustache Bash!!

After all the planning and prep, we had my mustache bash baby shower at my Mom’s house today. And oh, what a bash it was. I think I’m more tired from all the preparation than from the shower itself! ;) Because my mom and I have an arrangement (we do this for a lot of things): She pays for it, and I make it awesome. So with her “fund-age” and my creativity, we throw some pretty cool parties (If I do say so myself). Remember Jennifer’s Harry Potter party? Same arrangement. Same awesomeness. So yeah, I did actually style and put together and make all the treats for my own baby shower. Because that’s kind of how I roll…

But anyway, back to mustaches. I drew a lot of my inspiration from this baby shower – I found it through pinterest months ago and thought “If I have a boy, we are SO doing this”. So if you headed over to the link, you’ll see a lot of similarities. Using Photoshop, I designed a “Shave” the date that we sent out a few weeks before the invite went out:
Shave the Date
Then we sent out the real invitation:
Baby Shower Invite for Blog

So fun, right?! So I came down yesterday afternoon and this morning was a little crazy getting everything ready. I had to stop at the house of the cute girl that does my hair down here and get my bangs trimmed really quick (FINALLY under control again!) and we had to run a couple of errands, like getting balloons and ice and whatnot. But we got going later than I anticipated and by the time we got back, we only had an hour and a half to set everything up! And I had a lot of things to set up! We were finishing as people started to arrive, but most of it came together pretty quickly. As with the Harry Potter party, the dessert table is my pride and joy – so…uh…be prepared for a lot of pictures of yummy food… ;)

Ta da!
Shower 2Shower 3Shower 4My slightly sad looking oreo truffle pops…;)
Shower 5And I used my fun mustache cookie cutters that I got for Christmas to make these sugar cookies – too fun :)
Shower 6The full set up once again!
Shower 7The table for eating and chatting
Shower 8We did this at my circus themed shower, and I really liked the idea, so I had cards for people to write advice for me, the mom-to-be
Shower 9I found this really fun blue punch recipe through pinterest and it matched the décor perfectly!
Shower 10Shower 11I used Photoshop to make the graphics for the party – loved being able to customize everything exactly the way I wanted it!
Shower 14

Shower 15We had a few games, namely a guessing game (guess how many jellybeans in the jar), and a raffle, as well as a point game where you filled in a sheet of paper and based on colors you were wearing, how many kids you had, if you came on time, etc, you were to add or deduct points from your score.
Shower Guest CollageOnce we announced all the winners, we had presents! And I was so blown away and grateful for the generosity and kindness of our friends and family, We got so much fun and useful stuff for baby Nathan!
Shower gift collage

We also had a photo booth and some fun props, so before anyone left, we’d snag a picture and they’d get a chocolate mustache pop as their party favor
Shower Collage(So as not to overwhelm you with pictures, this isn’t everyone…)
Shower Photo Booth Collage 2Shower Photo Booth Collage

Once the last of the guests had gone, the boys (who had gone missing the entire duration of the shower) came back and I had a little something special for John: A Dad-to-Be gift basket!
100_9040
I’ll blog about the contents of the basket later, I put some pretty fun stuff in there. hee hee This came with another little surprise from his parents: a brand new camcorder! Because you know, it’s his job to make all the family home videos now ;)

And then it was time to clean up and consolidate all the gifts…because we somehow have to fit everything in the car for the trip back home tomorrow!

THANK YOU to everyone who game and contributed to the group gift (my new carseat and stroller frame!) and brought such wonderful things for my sweet baby. So grateful for you and your friendship, generosity and love!

1 comment:

Jeff and Elizabeth said...

Oh I wish I could have come! Everything turned out perfect!! You did a fantastic job :) It was adorable. And you are looking great!! I can't believe how close your due date is. Yay!!!