Friday, April 19, 2013

The Rain in Spain…

…Falls mainly on the plain…

;)

So most of you know that my brother served a mission for our church in Spain. And that he got back in February. And it’s been super cool to have him back. Even though he’s usually down at my parent’s in VA and I’m still here in MD. I still get to see him from time to time.

Anyway, he really helped me out when I was coming back from Time Out for Women in Indiana. The route we took back brought us through Maryland, but since I’d driven down to Virginia to start the trip, my car was still at my parent’s house – which meant I would have had to sit out the rest of the drive to Virginia, then drive my car BACK to Maryland, adding another 2 hours to my total trip. Boo. But Jason saved me and drove my car from my parent’s house and he met up with us at the DC Temple, which reduced my travel time significantly! (If you’ll remember, the traveling was really hard on me that trip, so I was so ready to be out of the car and at home!) And it was kind of a last minute change in plans, so Jason really went out of his way to help me out. As a good brother does ;)

So as a thank you he requested cookies. And so I made him cookies. Spain inspired cookies.

Viva España! (Um…I think I spelled all that right…correct me if I’m wrong, Jason ;)
Spain 6

So my mom piggy backed on this endeavor and asked me to make a whole bunch of these for a missionary fireside that Jason would be giving to the youth this weekend, so the one dozen I was making for Jason turned into one dozen for Jason plus two dozen for the fireside. Thanks Mom… ;) In addition to the treats I’ve been making all week for the Mustache Bash (Can’t wait to show you!!). It worked out though, I ended up using up most of my royal icing and didn’t have to throw away too much leftover…

The fans were inspired by the beautiful fans that Jason brought me and my sister back from Spain.
Spain 3
“Spanish” Lace
Spain 5I’m pretty proud of my (albeit loose) interpretation of  coat of arms on the Spanish flag. Not too shabby ;) My edible food writer pens were perfect for this!
Spain 2

The ones I gave to Jason were packaged up pretty…uhh… manly with toppers that said “Gracias Hombre!” Which essentially means “Thanks Man!”

So thanks man, you rock ;)
Spain 7

No comments: