Sunday, April 21, 2013

Because It’s His Baby Too!

So here is the Dad-To-Be Basket that I put together for John, as promised :)

I got the fun container and tissue paper from the dollar store (loving the dollar store these days), and it ended up being the perfect size for everything I wanted to stick in there – with the exception of the camcorder, but that was from John’s parents anyway.
100_8963100_9035Let’s take a look inside, shall we?
100_8971

I think I had a good mix of fun and practical, and each item has a little tag to tell John what it was for ;) I had purchased some heat transfer vinyl to try out on my Silhouette and this was the perfect opportunity to make some fun personalized gifts. I had a blast! So on we go…

”For those unfortunate incidents”
Burp Cloth“For Snacktime” (I found the bib idea through Pinterest and knew I had to make it. Love it!)Bib and Spoons“For Naptime” (Also found this idea on Pinterest…and I really just couldn’t help myself…)
Onesie“For when you need to call on your superpowers” (Because really, what Dad doesn’t have superpowers??)
SuperDad ShirtAnd we can’t forget the back!
100_8983“For Bedtime with Baby”
Board Books“For us to learn and grow” This book was recommended to me, so here’s hoping it’s got some good schtuff in it ;)
BookAnd we can’t forget some treats!! Though to prevent him from eating it all right away I might have to tell John to save them for the hospital at the very latest ;)
100_9017“For those sleep deprived days at work”  “For when you need a pick-me-up”    “For your sanity”
Candy

And last, but certainly not least, I included a letter from me and then I asked both of our Dads to write John letters with advice or their feelings on fatherhood, and included that in the gift basket as well.
100_9012

And that’s it! I’m thinking it was quite a success ;)
100_9032

1 comment:

mikenzie said...

What a good idea! I wish I would have done this! So cute!