I decided to scale down on Nathan's birthday celebrations this year because we have a lot going on this summer and I needed to pace myself. But we decided on a construction theme this year and I think it turned out super fun!
We had our party on Saturday. I've been prepping for weeks and once Nathan realized we were having a party for him, it was "when is my party??" for DAYS. He was so excited when the time finally arrived!
In the past we've had his parties outside at a park, but as part of the scaling down, we decided to have it at home, which meant out guest list had to be reeeaaallly short, since we only have so much room for rambunctious kids. (We also haven't had a sunny day yet this month, so I guess it all worked out) So we had one family over, and my parents drove up and I think that was more than enough people for our little space.
But you just want to see pictures, don't you?
Not picture here is the kid-friendly option of macaroni and cheese 'pipes' - we had kahlua pig with rice as the main dinner option :)
Up close of the cookies :)
I have long since accepted that my oreo truffle pops will never be pretty. Thankfully they are so tasty, no one ever cares. If I'd made them brown, they'd look like Harry Potter sorting hats! So maybe I'll try them again, ha!
Peanut butter 'boulders' - always a favorite!
I loved my little drink/fuel station. I found these beautiful drink dispensers at Walmart last month and snatched them up because one can always use beautiful drink dispensers. (right!?) The caution tape is washi tape I found at JoAnn's and may or may not have squealed over how perfect it was for our party when I found it.
We kept it pretty low key. We ate and the kids played. They each got a plastic hard hat, and I pulled out all of Nathan's construction trucks to play with. I saved cardboard boxes for a few months and wrapped them in yellow paper striped with black duct tape to make blocks for the kids to build with, and they turned out to be very popular.
Then there were presents! Nathan got a seriously good haul this year. My parents came up a few hours before the party, so he opened presents with them and then he opened MORE presents at his party!
The playmat I made was a hit!
Our little guests got tool boxes with chocolate tools that I had made using a mold I had purchased as their party favor. (I'll have to get a picture later) After presents there was some playing with the new toys and then everyone had to go home to get to bed. :) I think it was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment