Friday, May 13, 2016

Rainy Day Activity - Yogurt Painting!

Okay, so we're almost halfway through May and with maybe one or two exceptions, it has been raining EVERY DAY this month! Or that's what it feels like, at least. So we are feeling the strain of being inside at home a lot these days with two little crazies. So I needed something new and exciting that both the boys could enjoy while we are still stuck inside until the sun finally decides to show up.

Enter yogurt painting. I chose to do yogurt so that when Spencer decided to mouth everything like he normally does, I didn't have to worry about it at all. There are lots of recipes for taste-safe paints that involve flour and other stuff, but I wanted it to taste good, so yogurt it was. I actually had the stuff for it last week, but I had been waiting for a warmer day so that the boys could paint outside on the balcony because the yogurt is cold. But after a week that has felt like a month, I decided they would be fine if they were a little cold, so we set up shop in the kitchen this morning.

For the yogurt paint I just used vanilla yogurt and kool-aid packets to color it. Super easy! We have little plastic muffin tins that I put their colored yogurt in. I set out butcher paper taped to the kitchen floor, stripped the boys down to their underpants, and let them have at it.


Getting started...

Not so sure about this interesting cold stuff...

Dumping all his colors out ;)

Nathan loved it! He kept painting straight lines, telling me they were 'racetracks'


I still don't know how Spencer ended up with such a big blob on his forehead!





Good and messy!

Nathan actually stayed pretty clean throughout and when he did get some on himself, he asked for a wipe to wipe it off. Too funny. But once they were all done, they both got a bath! They managed to keep most of it on the paper too, so I just pulled all the paper up and threw it away, so it was an easy clean up. Win win!

No comments: