Monday, November 1, 2010

The Bookstore Date

You just have to love a good, cheap date idea, right?!? Love it. I also picked this one up from the Dating Divas. If you haven’t checked out the site, DO IT. This is the bookstore date. I changed ours up a little form the original idea, so go check theirs out to see how YOU want to do it!

This was perfect, because John and I like to go to Barnes and Noble for fun to just look at books. This put a fun new twist on something we already like to do. :)

John found his invitation Saturday morning (i’ve discovered i’m OBSESSED with fun fonts…you can get all kinds online for free!!!! so fun…i used 3 downloaded fonts for this fun scrapbooked invite hee hee)

100_2212 Later I found this on my desk:
100_2213:)
We did this after the trunk-or-treat Saturday night, the thing ended at 6, so we had lots of time. Once we got to Barnes and Noble, I gave John our first task
100_2214 100_2215Off to the cookbook section we went! I found a YUMMY looking fondue recipe (i’ve been wanting to try making fondue) and John found an intense bacon sandwich recipe. :)
100_2218 100_2221Now for task #2
100_2222I found a national geographic traveler magazine with an interesting article on Boy Scouts and life’s lessons. John found an Al paca magazine. Yes. An entire magazine devoted to llamas. We never knew… ;)  This would be John’s llama face
100_2223 100_2224I totally want to go to that place in Italy on the cover there…
Anyway, on to task 3:
100_2225Off to the kid books! (my personal favorite ha ha) They didn’t have a huge selection of short picture books that we remembered as kids, but we still found some fun ones :)
100_2226 100_2228Task #4!!
100_2229I think this was John’s favorite ;) He found a book of Chuck Norris jokes and we laughed quite a bit at those.

Some we remember is “When ghosts go camping, they sit around the fire and tell Chuck Norris stories” “Rice Krispies don’t say anything until Chuck Norris tells them to” “When Chuck Norris goes swimming, he doesn’t get wet, the water gets ‘Chuck Norrised’” He also found this board book on safe baby handling. Things to do and NOT to do. (like don’t give the baby beer to calm them down kinds of things not to do) Random, I know, but it was pretty amusing. I found a joke book and with a thing on “You know you’re a geek when…” –you’re I.Q. is a larger number than your weight –you can name at least 5 star trek episodes, etc ;)
100_2230 100_2232  And finally, task 5!
100_2234 I found pictures of Germany, but I’ve been there ;) I found a beautiful book on England and Ireland though
100_2236John found a book on Banff, Canada (i love saying that, by the way…BANFF!!!!)
100_2235 And that was our fun bookstore date!! Later, I was browsing the journals, and found something that might just become my motto…
100_2237Oh yeah. :)      

No comments: