And other random nonsense :)
Lately, we’ve have a crowded table. Up to half of our seat space at our dinner table has been taken up! Granted, we can only seat 4 at our table…but we’ve managed to fit quite a few guests in that space. It’s kind of my fault. I keep bringing them home…and they don’t want to leave. Well. I don’t want them to leave. And John is upset that he can’t eat them.
wait. what?
Ha ha. Meet the cake dummies. Well, except for the fruitcake. It’s very real. (and extremely heavy) The entire area smells like sugar. Fondant has a strong smell. But I smile when I see all my little creations all over the table. John is less than thrilled. Mostly because they aren’t real. So he can’t eat them. So sad.
But this week I’ve been bringing home real food! We’re on petit fours this week (mini pastries) and they are SO YUMMY. More on that later once the week has finished and I can show you all the yummyness (We’re making LEMON CREAM THIS WEEK! oh…i’ve already started drooling…)
Speaking of food and drooling, last week I made this recipe and it was soooooo good. Super easy, too. Here, I’ll show you what it looked like (but of course, not as pretty as the photos on the website…but i promise it tasted just as good) Oh. My. Deliciousness. It’s okay. You can drool. You can bet I was when I was making this on Saturday. Just be sure to wipe up your keyboard ;)
Other news – John just completed the first section of the CPA exam yesterday! But we don’t get the results for another couple of weeks.
MORE news! John’s sister Amy just got her mission call last night!!! She’s going to St. George Utah!!! Yay!! And what is ALSO awesome is that she goes into the MTC only a week before my brother Jason goes in!! He’s going to Spain, did I mention that? Yes. I’m sooooo jealous ;) But they will be there at the same time! Craziness.
Well. I think that’s all for now. We have some fun plans on Saturday, so I’ll be BACK! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment