Alright. So I’ve been meaning to get this up here for at least a week.
And I couldn’t bring myself to do it.
Why? Because the pictures turned out awful. And that was AFTER spending a good few hours trying to get our old lightbox (handmade, btw. think pvc pipes and desk lamps) to work and getting the pictures taken before I had to package them up to send them off. And I tried so hard to edit them. No such luck when you’ve got crappy lighting. So basically what I’m saying is that they looked so much better in real life. Promise.
What was I talking about? Oh yeah. Elmo. My cute friend Iuliana asked me to make Elmo cookies for her little girl’s 2nd birthday party. So fun! I had a really good time making these. I was a little nervous about making Elmo though. Characters can be tricky, since they need to be recognizable…but Elmo wasn’t too hard ;)
To go with Elmo, I made some initial cookies (for the birthday girl) and some 2s. I think the initial cookies might be my favorite! I think they turned out super cute.
Iuliana shares my love of chevron, and so I incorporated that into the number 2. A lot trickier than you might think…;)
And since she lives in Colorado, I made my first shipment of cookies. EVER. Sadly, some of the 2s broke, but the rest of them made it okay.
3 comments:
SOOOOO dang cute!!!!
Oh, my gosh!! I LOVE these!! James loves Sesame Street. Will you make Elmo cookies for James' first birthday? It's not until September, but I want to reserve you in advance. :-)
Did you say that the cookies look even better than the pictures you took? Because if they did, I'm never baking again out of my own personal failure. THey look AMAZING! Good work.
Post a Comment