The National Mall, I mean.
I promise the National Mall is more interesting than my shopping mall trips.
Anyway, I went with my family and my Grandma Hunt to the National Mall on Monday. Fun stuff! I went all “city slicker” and took the metro into the city. MUCH nicer than the L in Chicago. L = scary/crazy/smelly people. Metro = the occasional guy that tries to come talk to you while you’re obviously engrossed in a book to ask you for money. At least he was normal looking…
But I digress. We headed to the Museum of Natural History and saw some amazing photographs from a photography competition on display in one of the sections in the museumIt’s Nemo!
Then we went to the butterfly aviary! Love itThe butterflies loved the color of my mom’s shirt. Several landed on her while we were in there.
This one really liked it’s perch in her hair :)
After looking at a few more exhibits (like dinosaurs and other interesting skeletons), we went over to the Museum of American History. We looked at First Ladies’ dresses and china and the Star Spangled Banner. And we saw some other fun things :)
Like Harry Potter’s robe!!!!! Awesome.A sunstone from the Nauvoo Temple! How cool is that!?
It’s kermit!
And of course, the ruby slippers
By that time, I needed to get back to pick up John from work. But it was a very fun day in the city!
1 comment:
Hey Ashley! JEALOUS! I am just dying to go there! I went goo-goo eyed just looking at Harry Potter robes!
Post a Comment