Okay!
This is it my friends. Time to tell you who our little Mini-Moffat is!! Are you so excited?! Because I sure am! I can’t believe we managed to keep it a secret for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! Longest 2 weeks ever. ;) Now that both of our families have opened up their “Christmas Reveal Boxes” (I’ll be sharing the details later), here is our Merry Christmas to you!
Introducing…(drum roll please…)
It’s a boy!!! YAY!! We are so excited!! Though I do have to tell you that both John and I were a little surprised and a teensy bit disappointed, as we both thought we were having a girl. Call it a feeling, if you will. But rest assured that we are both thrilled to have little Nathan joining our family in just a few short months now! Eek!
Now I feel like I can tell you about the ultrasound, since I can now refer to my sweet baby as “he” :) The ultrasound was amazing! And Nathan was sooooo wiggly! It was kind of strange to watch him roll around in there and not be able to feel most of it. It was incredible to see all his little fingers and toes!
Sometimes he’d have his hand behind his head with his elbow up, like he was kicking back. I think he gets that from John. :) And he did not leave us with any doubt that he is a boy. He was quite happy to show us. *ahem* ;) And one of my first thoughts was “oh, I hope he doesn’t end up being one of those boys that wants to pee on trees all the time”. Ha ha ha! Random, right? John says one of his first thoughts was “YES! The Moffat name will live on!”
Thankfully he has all his vital organs in all the right places and he is developing right on schedule. The doctor said he weighed about 9oz when we went in 2 weeks ago. The ultrasound took a lot longer than I expected, they really try to get a view of everything to make sure we’re good to go. Given that he was so wiggly, they never did get a view of his face; they needed to look at his nose and lips. But he was not having it. Already stubborn. He probably gets that from me. ;) To my growing discomfort (as about halfway through the sonogram, I REALLY had to use the restroom), the sonogram technician (and then later, the doctor) would bounce the wand/transmitter thing on my abdomen, shaking Nathan around – as though that would make him cooperate?! But of course, he responded with what I thought was a perfectly natural reaction: he put both arms in front of his face. I imagined him thinking “WHAT is happening to my safe little bubble?! AH!” But as a result, I will be going back in for another sonogram next month. The doctor also informed us that one of his kidneys is dilated bigger than normal and although it typically resolves itself before the baby is born, they want to keep an eye on it.
And there you have it! Looks like I’m going to be outnumbered ;)
I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
Congrats Ashley and John on the little boy! I love the name, but I'm biased. Our Nathan was almost Nathan James.
YEA!! Congrats!! Boys are SO fun!! They are full of energy and will keep you laughing with all the cute little things they do!! So excited for you guys!!
Boys are so fun! And I'm pretty partial to the name Nathan, that's my little boy :) Congrats!
Post a Comment