Thursday, April 25, 2013

38 Weeks!!!!!

We are getting SO CLOSE!
38 WeeksHow far along? 38 Weeks! Yesterday was officially TWO weeks from my due date (oh please baby come on time!)
Weight Gain/Loss: I am now having dr.’s appointments every week (eek!) and as of Monday I was 138. Just one pound more. I’m kind of done gaining weight now…can we be done? ;)
Maternity clothes? Thankfully Maryland’s weather has been kind of all over the place, so while it’s probably driving everyone else crazy, I am so glad it got cooler again. Back to my long sleeves and not feeling so stinkin’ hot all the time.
Sleep: Still snoring (so embarrassed) and while everyone keeps telling me to sleep as much as I can until baby makes his grand entrance, my body doesn’t seem to want to let me sleep much. I will wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and then come back and be awake for another hour or two…and then I can’t seem to sleep much after 7am. Boo. TRYING to get lots of sleep. Not working out so well…
Best moment this week: Most definitely my baby showers. SO fun! And we are feeling so very blessed by all of the gifts we received to help us get ready for Baby Nathan’s arrival.
Miss Anything? Hm…reaching my toes. My last pedicure (which was probably back in September…I know) has grown out and I’m needing some cheerful red on my toes. But I can’t reach them. Though that might not stop me from trying to paint them. I’m stubborn like that…
Food cravings: Still nothing. Oh well.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! And being on the small side is finally starting to pay off. I get so many compliments on how well I’m carrying for being only 2 weeks away from my due date. It makes me feel better about the 30+ pounds I’ve gained (I know that’s a fairly normal range, but what woman likes to gain weight like that??)
Gender: My wild boy is still so wiggly! You’d think with the dwindling amount of space now available in utero he’d calm down a bit. Nope. Still acts like we’ve got all the space in the world. Which alternatively tickles or is super uncomfortable depending on what he’s doing. I’m interested to see how wiggly he’ll be on the outside!
Belly Button in or out? Still an outie!
Wedding Ring on or off? My hands have started to swell a little bit more (especially at night), so no wedding ring for me. :(
Labor Signs: At my appointment on Monday the midwife told me that she thinks baby has dropped!! (for those who don’t know, that means baby has moved into game day position in my pelvis – a good sign) I really hope that’s the case! I’ve been told that once they drop, it’s unlikely they will move out of that position, but given how crazy my baby is…I’m not so sure. ha! And I’ve had a few braxton hicks this week. I don’t think the ones I mentioned last time were the right thing. I’m quite sure this time. Nothing too crazy yet though.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I suppose I’m in what they call the ‘nesting’ phase. I’ve spent all week washing baby clothes, organizing the nursery and getting those last minute organizational projects done around the apartment so that everything (or as much as possible) is ready before baby arrives!
Looking forward to: I am SO excited to meet our little man! Though I’m trying not to think about it too much (and failing miserably) because the anticipation is just killing me these days! 

38 Weeks 2

1 comment:

Angie Hunt said...

You are SO DANG cute!!!!!!!!!!