Monday, September 8, 2014

16 Months!

Two months to nursery guys! Woo hoo! Although I kind of feel as though church will get kinda boring in comparison once Little Man leaves me for nursery…

*Loves loves LOVES having music on. Even if he’s not really paying attention to it or dancing to it (speaking of dancing, this kid has moves. It’s hilarious), he likes it for background noise. I’m completely sick of the toddler station on Pandora, so we’ve switched to Disney instead ;)

*Thinks that books with paper pages (as opposed to his board books) are the coolest thing ever. He loves to thumb through the pages and so far we haven’t had any casualties. Hoping it stays that way. I gave him an old German-English dictionary and it’s a new favorite.
IMG_2911

*Fully down to one nap, though sometimes he tries to doze off in the car when we’re on errands in the morning. Those are usually the days he decides to get up around 6 – ARG.

*Working on mastering the art of temper tantrum throwing. We’ve had some award-winners, but I can only imagine how good they’re going to be by the time he’s 2 and beyond. Has already mastered the ‘going-limp’ maneuver and the arching-of-the-back move. So. Much. Fun.

*He finally cuddles!!!!!! You guys, I’ve been waiting since I found out I was pregnant for these moments. He snuggles up and puts his head on my shoulder and we sit there and it’s pretty much the best thing ever. And he totally prefers this when I put him down to bed now. It’s awesome.
IMG_2856

*Building up our signing vocabulary! We’ve added ‘all done’, ‘milk’, ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ (thank you is still pretty new though). And he will almost always wave goodbye on request. I think we’ve confused him a little with the ‘eat’ and ‘more’ signs. He used to say ‘more’ for all things food related and now he’s replaced that with the eat sign for all food and drink. It’s kind of a guessing game as to whether he’s hungry or thirsty. Oh well. I’ve looked up the sign for ‘drink’ and that will probably be the next one we work on. ;)

*Loves when he can do things like Mom and Dad. When we hoist him up onto the couch, he’ll kick back and sit there for a few seconds like he’s there to watch some football or something. Also thinks he can go up and down the stairs like us. Still trying to make sure he does it safely.

(milkshake mustache!)
IMG_2908

*New favorite catch all for toys and other random things: the washing machine. He actually gets really mad now when I have to do laundry because he can’t use it when it’s running. But he’s still a very good helper when it comes to switching the laundry around and taking it to the couch to fold.

(I know this picture is blurry, but I just love his face in this one)
IMG_2960IMG_2961

*Still loves to go outside and explore. We have a little playground here at our complex and he can go down the slide all by himself!

*Still cracks us up with his fun personality and his wild antics! Love you Little Man!
IMG_2970 2

No comments: