So I made these sweet elephant cookies for a baby shower right before we left for Florida. Yes, this was back in August. I kind of forgot about them once we left and I didn’t have much time to take nice pictures because I HAD to get them in the mail before we left. So sub-par pictures it is ;)
They were inspired by this post and the original design was hand cut from a template. Since I most definitely didn’t have time to hand cut 36 elephants, I bought a design-your-own cookie cutter kit and, you guessed it, made my own cookie cutter. It saved me soooooo much time. I was actually really happy with how well the cutter turned out, as I was a little skeptical at first.
I’d gotten a request to use little candy pearls for the eyes and had to experiment with two different sizes. It didn’t take long to figure out which size to use, as the bigger one made the elephants looked shocked and surprised that they were in fact, going to be eaten. This picture still cracks me up, by the way.
And that’s all I have for pictures, I packaged them up and sent them off to Arizona for the baby shower. Hurray for baby boys! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment