Sunday, September 14, 2014

You Gotta Start ‘Em Young

We took Nathan on his first race yesterday – the Color Vibe 5K!

This was actually the first color run for all of us. My mom found a great deal and group discount several months ago and they were having a promo that kids ages 1-12 could run for free! So we all signed up, including my parents and sister. So we took Little Man in the jogging stroller and we had lots of fun!

The race started at 9am in Manassas which is about an hour away so we had to get up a little earlier to get down there in time. Nathan is usually up earlier anyway, so he didn’t seem to mind.

I was initially worried that Nathan would get upset when they threw color at us, but he didn’t seem to mind to much at all! He did have a look on his face that basically said “I haven’t been on this earth for very long, but this seems very strange…”. He was a trooper! And he enjoyed the (very loud) music they played during the race.

They released the runners in waves, so it took forever to get going, and we got a blast of green color right as we started. Nathan got quite a bit of it and so did the stroller. We’re still trying to figure out how to best clean the stroller… ;)

This is the only picture I took while we were running, I was too busy trying to breathe. ;) Between the green color and the purple spots, I think he looks like Baby Bop. “What is going on, Mom?”
100_0837It rained a little bit near the end (We managed the 5K in about 45mins. Not bad for not training. At all.) but it was nice and cool. Much nicer to run in cool weather than sweltering heat if you ask me. Here’s our completely colored Little Man and stroller!
100_0841We did it!! Yay!
100_0844My mom finished right after us so when my Dad and sister came over Mom and I attacked them with our color packets.
100_0845100_0847So very colorful!
100_0849100_0856So fun!
100_0850

We had a celebratory lunch at Chick-fil-a, where Nathan had his first juice box and stole Jennifer’s ketchup. We finally made the drive home and got all cleaned up. I was actually hoping the color would stain the shirt I wore (I wore white on purpose) so that I would have some souvenir, but it all came out really well. The color is just colored cornstarch. Oh well. ;) Guess we’ll have to do it again!

No comments: