Friday, September 19, 2014

Marching Band Cookies

These cookies were actually made this week! Aren’t I so on top of things?!

Riiiight…

So in addition to a Dr. Who cookie order (pics coming soon) I was also asked to make 100 marching band cookies for a friend in the ward. Her son is a senior and in the marching band and she wanted something special for their opening game. I was already making 48 Dr. Who cookies and had to have them all done by Wednesday since I was leaving to take said Dr. Who cookies to Virginia where the big birthday bash was taking place. I could totally handle another 100. Right?! Piece of cake. Or…cookie, rather.

I know. I’m a little crazy. But I did actually manage to make all 148 cookies in my 3-day time frame. It’s just that my kitchen table looked like this for a few days…
cookie table
And I was up super late each night. Now that Nathan is mostly down to 1 nap, (and said nap is almost never long enough,) that’s really the only time I have to work during the day until he goes to bed at night. But I was really happy with how my band cookies turned out. We’ve got hats and music notes. :)
IMG_2993The school colors are white, navy and silver, so that was the color scheme. I loved my little hats, especially the detail right above the brim. I had a picture of the actual band uniforms off of which I based my design. I then painted the detail silver using luster dust and orange extract and I loved the impact it made on the overall look. (Sorry if you can’t really see it in this picture, I promise it looked really cool)
IMG_2985I then painted the accents of the letters silver as well.
IMG_2986I joked that I had my own little cookie marching band in formation on my table. Ta-da!
IMG_2983

No comments: