Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Media Center Part 2–All Finished!

Okay okay okay, so I’ve had this done for like, 2 months now. But first I needed to touch up the paint that got dinged up when we brought it back up from my parent’s house. Then I wanted to ‘style’ it so it looked pretty. We finally got the door magnets put in and then I wanted to add shelves to the center console cabinets. Then we took a trip to Florida. Right before we left for Florida, I tried to put the shelves in and the stupid guy at Home Depot didn’t cut my wood accurately so they were wedged in there so tight I needed a rubber mallet to get the shelf level. Couldn’t find the rubber mallet. John fixed them when we got home. Now one of the doors doesn’t close all the way. I don’t care anymore. It’s still locked so Nathan can’t get into it.

Can you tell I’m sooooo done with this project?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty stinkin’ proud of what I’ve done. But it’s still a first-time build and I’ve messed up learned sooooo much in the process. And I’m kind of done learning for now ;)

But anyway, here’s where we left off when I posted about all my projects while John was at High Adventure
IMG_2698

Dad brought it up in his truck (I’m so glad he has a truck – makes my life so much easier ;) ) and I attached it to the bottom and voila! You can see where it got a little banged up on the ride here, so I just touched it up once everything was secure.
IMG_2701

Then I started bringing things in to style the bookshelves and make it pretty. I’m still considering it a work in progress, but I’m happy with where we’re at at this point.
IMG_2926IMG_2927IMG_2928

And here is the whooooole thing, in all its DIY glory ;)
IMG_2923

I’m really happy with it and I’m really glad I took the plunge. It has really opened up and lightened up our space and keeps everything nice and organized (read: out of Nathan’s reach). Though I have to admit I think I enjoyed refinishing already built furniture better ;)

1 comment:

Iuliana@Hip2Thrift said...

do you have an approximate final total for it? It looks amazing! You did a great job. You SHOULD be proud of yourself!