Once again Little Man got not one, but TWO birthday parties this year. And I’m exhausted. ;) It’s been so fun though.
I went with a transportation themed party this year, not only because he loves all things cars, trucks and trains, but because it suits his personality – he’s always on the go!!
I found a really cute clipart package on Etsy that fit perfectly with the theme so I used those images to create an invitation and based the rest of the party on that.
We had our first party last weekend at Nana and Papa’s house and just like last year, Nana rented a bouncy house and it was a wild success with the kids that came. Nathan tried it out before the party and wasn’t too sure about it – he probably doesn’t remember it from last year. But we added a raingutter regatta this year and he really enjoyed playing in the water.
I had a very fun time putting together the food table. I made another cake this year, and some sugar cookies and oreo truffles, and we served café rio pork salad for dinner.
He was so excited about the cookies. The train ones were his favorites.
“Choo-Choos”
After lots of time to play in the water and run around on the lawn we sang Happy Birthday, cut the cake, and opened presents! I did manage to get him to try the cake, but he ate one bite and didn’t want anymore. His favorite was the cookies ;) And he got lots of fun presents!
On his actual birthday this year (yesterday) we got to do a few fun things to celebrate. We went to Target to pick out a new hot wheels car, then met John at his office for birthday lunch. We had his favorite dinner of pasta with tomato cream sauce and finished the night off with brownies (his favorite dessert) and I let him watch the whole Frozen movie. He’d only seen the first half when we gave him a haircut a few weeks ago. He LOVED it. I don’t really think he understands the movie, but he loves the music and he’d get this big grin on his face when the songs came on. It was adorable. The three of us snuggled on the couch for our first family movie night. It was so fun. It was also the first thing he demanded this morning when he woke up. Sorry, buddy. We’re not watching “Let it Go” every single day. Yet. ;)
Today we had his party here at home with some friends. The nice thing is that I can reuse most of my decorations from last weekend and it came together pretty quickly. We had it at the same park we went to last year and it worked out really well again this year. There’s a playground and a huge sand box for the kids to play in and we set out blankets for everyone to sit on to eat. The weather was a little warm today, but we had a little bit of a breeze and a small patch of shade and it was great!My mom came up for the day (I had a baby shower this morning that she came to as well, so it was a day of parties today!) and Nathan loved having Nana at his party this afternoon.
This kid had THREE brownies this afternoon. Oof.
Definitely starting to get that whole present thing down ;)
We ate, chatted, and had a lovely time with our friends.We finally got everything cleaned up, put away and the birthday boy in bed. I’m pooped!
But we had so much fun! Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate our Little Man this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment