Oh my goodness, we’re at 24 months!! This will be my last monthly post for this crazy Little Man! (Just in time for monthly posts for the next one, right?! ha ha)
Happy Birthday Little Man!
*Talking sooooo much now! A few weeks ago I was talking with some friends about language development and I mentioned that I had read that by age 2 kids are supposed to be saying about 50 words and how that seemed like a LOT of words! Later I ended up sitting down (sort of – Nathan was helping me) and writing down all the words that Nathan says (in correct context) and I came up with over 60! And I was so impressed. :) He isn’t super articulate, when we visited my family last weekend I was the resident toddler interpreter, but he can say family members names pretty clearly as well as “puppies”. I think that’s his clearest word besides Mama and Dada.
*Still loves cars and trucks and trains. He knows what Papa’s truck looks like (my Dad owns a toyota tundra pick up truck) and now every single pick up truck he sees is Papa’s truck. So we talk about Papa a lot. When we ride in the car we have this conversation several times:
Nathan: Truck! (pronounced “gruck”) Papa!
Me: Do you see a truck like Papa’s?
N: Yeah
M: Cool!
He also likes to tell me all of his toy cars are trucks. He’ll hold up a car and we’ll have an “argument” that goes something like this:
Nathan: Truck!
Me: Car
N: Truck!
M: Actually, it’s a car
N: Truck!
M: Yes. It’s a truck.
N: Yeah.
How did he get so opinionated so fast?! ;)
*Has actually become really interested in babies. I hope this bodes well for little brother!
*He loves Frozen. He’s only seen the first half of the movie, but he loves the music. We really only listen to the Disney station on Pandora these days because it plays the “Let it Go Songs”. And every time one comes on he stops what he’s doing and says “Let it go!” and runs over to the living room to listen. It’s really funny.
*Nursery is still a challenge. When we are able to go consistently, it gets better each week, but we’ve had several breaks for General Conference and Stake Conference and then we were out of town last week and every time we start up again we are pretty much starting over. So he’ll probably not do so well this weekend. Oh well.
*He’s getting much better at playing with other kids. At least ones that he recognizes and sees regularly. My visiting teachers came over the other week with their little people that are Nathan’s age and instead of staying on the couch by me to watch the chaos, he actually got down and played with them!
*When he’s in the mood, he loves an audience. He can be such a ham! He loves to make us laugh.
*So full of energy and keeps me on my toes!! Love you Little Man! Happy birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment