Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Weekend of Puppies and Cookies

I know. I meant to give you a break from all the cookies. I’m sure it’s getting a little monotonous. So sorry. There are cookies in this post, but they are not the main show this time. That’ll come back again tomorrow ;)

Anyway, my parents went out to Tennessee this weekend to go to a wedding reception for my second cousin. (I think she’s my second cousin…She’s my dad’s cousin…so does that make her my second cousin? I never did get all that…) So John and I stayed with my brother and sister for the weekend to hang out with them and of course, take care of my mom’s puppies. Strangely enough (or maybe not so strangely – many of you know I don’t really do pets) there are no pictures of the puppies in this post. Oh well. I’m not that torn up about it.

Moving on.

There were crafts! My sister had a birthday party to go to this weekend, so I cut out some vinyl to put on a tumbler for her to give as a gift. Her friend loves soccer, so I found a fun soccer ball to cut out and stick on there with some stars
soccer cup2soccer cup3soccer cup4Then we filled it up with candy and it was set to go!
soccer cup1

There was also lots of fun TV watching. Just so you know, John and I don’t have cable, so we hardly ever watch TV. When we do, it’s on Netflix and we really only watch Mythbusters. I know. We’re nerds. But have you SEEN the crazy stuff they do on that show?! So fun. So we watched Mythbusters and the new episode of Avatar: The Legend of Korra. We. are. freaking. out. Can’t wait to find out what happens!!!!!!!

But I digress. During the show watching I packaged up some end of the year teacher appreciation cookies my mom requested for my siblings’ teachers and her library friends.

I should also make note of the fact that my mom is FINALLY DONE with all her classes for her masters of library science!! (she still has to do student teaching this fall, but she’s finally done with the book work! YAY!) So library cookies were in order. I’ll show you the actual cookies later, but here is the fun packaging we put together this weekend
packaged cookies1Since they are books, we stacked them on top of each other for a little book pile
packaged cookies3I didn’t exactly plan it this way, but the cookies ended up being rainbow colors, so I just went with it and made these fun little rainbow tags to tie onto the little stack. I’m loving my adobe photoshop trial! :)
packaged cookies5

We also went out for frozen yogurt! Yum! There’s a cute little place over by my parent’s called Sweet Frog. So fun. Cameron got a HUGE cup of cake batter frozen yogurt and went all out with M&M’s and hot fudge

sweet frog1Jennifer got quite the helping too! ;)
sweet frog3John enjoying his strawberry cheesecake flavored frozen yogurt
sweet frog4Loving my gummi worm toppings! ;)
sweet frog5

Cameron ended up getting really cold while eating his frozen yogurt (I think it was his first time at a frozen yogurt place?) and he was shivering while eating it! We all had a good laugh, and then went outside to warm up. Too funny.

I ended up having some cookie dough left over from making book cookies and bakugan cookies and so I made some simple round cookies to decorate with Jennifer. I couldn’t bring down a whole lot for the weekend, so we colored our cookies with my edible ink food markers.
jen cookies2So fun!
jen cookies1Some of you might be surprised to hear this, but I’m actually not much of an artist. Sure, I can make cookies and cakes and make them beautiful, but give me a pencil and paper, and I’m a little lost. Markers aren’t that different ;) But we had a good time.
my cookies

Mom came home this afternoon (Dad had to fly out to California for work from Tennessee) and we had another fun filled day of Mythbusters and playing Ticket to Ride (in which I WON!). We made the drive back and I am ready. for. sleeping.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the book cookies so cute! We also watch Mythbusters!

Kara said...

Fun, and all of your cookies are so beautiful.
Your dad's first cousin is your first cousin once removed. That person's child would be your second cousin.

Alex said...

Hey! This is Alex (your second cousin) and you were right as far as I know we are second cousins :) I read your blog and am so amazed at all the amazing treats you make! Next time you talk to your parents please tell them thank you again to coming to our reception it was so great to see them, it really meant a lot! :)