Friday, June 22, 2012

When I’m 65…

John will be 69. Maybe by then we’ll be retired.

But I suppose it’s a little early to be thinking about retirement.

 

But I was. Because I was making cookies.

For a retirement, that is.
Garfield6A family friend retired this week after serving 30 years in the Marine Corps. Pretty awesome, right? This logo I piped on here is the emblem for the Explosive Ordinance Disposal. Like, bombs and stuff. Which is why there’s a little bomb with lightning in the middle. (I figured any male readers would appreciate that)
Garfield5I piped about 75 of these babies in one day. 8(ish) hours of fine/very detailed piping. OUCH. My poor hand was screaming at me by the end of it.
Garfield4How did I manage to pipe all of that awesomeness so accurately? Well, I’d like to take all the credit, but I can’t - I used a projector. I ran over to Hobby Lobby and snagged a cheap one that I had to make a few modifications to…
projector1There is actually a specialized projector out there for making cookies and cakes called the KopyKake, but since those currently run at about $250 and I’ve only ever seen them online…well, I needed something cheap and fast. So this is what I came up with. And it worked! A little ingenuity (and masking tape) never hurt anyone, right?
projector2John busted up laughing when he came home to my little (well…not so little) projector rig I had going on. He snapped a few action shots. I loved having the emblem projected onto my cookies though. Was a HUGE help in getting all those cookies piped and looking pretty. But I’m probably going to have to save up and invest in a KopyKake :)
projector3I whipped up a quick bag topper for the occasion and they were all set to go!
Garfield2Garfield1

And now my hands are in serious need of a nice break. And maybe a massage :)

2 comments:

Emma Gentry said...

Those cookies look so good! I want one SO dang bad!

Angie Hunt said...

I am looking at these cookies again and just in awe of the detail you put on them. You are amazing!