Monday, May 3, 2010

It's kind of awkward...

...to sit on a travel pillow. You know, the kind you put around your neck. It's my makeshift donut seat. And while I'm grateful that I have a way to sit...it's still uncomfortable. Ahhh...wonderful will be the day I can sit normally!!!

never thought i'd ever say something to that effect...

Anyway, John had to leave for school early this afternoon and today is his long day...which means a very long day for me at home. So i've scrapbooked the rest of the Disney trip (the Monsters Inc. pages are SO CUTE!), done a heat pack on my 'wound', had a little baked potato for dinner, and got totally beat twice by Jason in Ticket to Ride online. I can't even believe it. The first time he won by 2 points, the second by 1. Injustice.

So now you get to hear my ramblings in my boredom ;)
(in answer to my aunt Michelle's comment on my last post...yes...we, or I, have dull moments. sometimes.)

I would like you all to know that this is my second day without nausea medicine!! And I feel pretty much normal (mostly)!! I'm finally back into a normal eating schedule and that's such a relief. I do like food. And I'm off my crutches. Don't worry Jennifer, we'll keep them and you can play with them when you come to visit. ;) I still walk kinda funny, but hey, at least I'm walking.

I saw Fiddler on the Roof for the first time this weekend. It was really good, though I must say I thought the end was kinda lame. They all get kicked out of their homes and the movie ENDS?! Awwww....

I need a non-fiction book for May. I'm kind of thinking of reading MRSA Secrets Revealed, but I don't think I really want to think more about MRSA than I really have to. I wonder what John is reading... I read "The Last Lecture" for April. Sooooo good. Among my fiction was "The Secret Benedict Society" (all three books). Tomorrow "The Red Pyramid" is released!!! (Same author as Percy Jackson) SO excited!!!!!!!

Since I'm not comfortable driving again just yet, John was nice enough to drive me around to do a couple errands before he went off to school. And I'd like you all to know that I had another couponing triumph! :) $20 for $50 of product. oh yeah. more conquests to come.

And now I suppose we settle back into a routine from all of our craziness and vacations. John is almost done with his second semester (abt. 2 weeks left) and so things are going to get slightly stressful I imagine, but he's a smart cookie so I think everything will be okay.

AHHH! And we've got to get those Mother's Day cards out!!! Don't worry mommies! We won't forget you! ;)

2 comments:

Betsy said...

You are tres amazing. I love reading your blog.

Those Crazy Browning's said...

I really enjoyed Peace like a River. I read it for a book club. Very enjoyable. I also enjoyed The Autobiography of Santa Claus. I know its not christmas but it is a really good book and that is something since I am not a big fan of christmas