Here we are!
The first thing we saw! So cool! We also learned today that a group of peacocks is called an 'ostentation'. Hee hee, fits, huh?
Those white poufs are sleeping birds...
This was over by the elephants...they are lions. Hard to get a good picture through fencing...and I hate to say it, but the big cats were lame today. All they do is sleep. ;)
Sitting on a big cat.
Riding the big cat.
Don't ask me what this is. I don't remember. That goes for the rest of the weird animals we saw. But his nose was funny.
We got over to this exhibit and some kid had run up and was shouting, "Hey!! There's a camel stuck in that rock!!!!" Too bad he didn't stay long enough to see the camel come out. He was fine ;)
I LOVE meerkats. I don't know why. It might have to do with this funny show my little brother and sister would watch, where they had voices recorded over the animals to give them personality. The meerkats were the best.
One is always the lookout. In the little show, the hawk was called phil. All the meerkats would stand up and go, "where's phil? where's phil?" You can guess what I was saying the whole time we were over there...
This thing can jump up to 10ft from a standstill! Can't remember what it's called though. Shame, I know...
We watched an aviary show that was way cool. This owl totally swooped over the audience!
We also learned that a group of owls is called a 'parliament', interesting, huh?
This panda behind me was passed out asleep the whole time we were over there. I don't think it moved once...
We took a ride on the Skyfari Air Tram, which is basically a gondola that takes you back and forth across the zoo. It was really cool to see everything from above!
Here were before a sea lion show we saw later in the afternoon, and it was really fun! We like sea lions :)
And here we are after the long, fun day at the zoo.
Love the zoo! It's amazing how many different animals there are out there in the world. Pretty cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment